Swage Machinist & Shop assistant
Full Time 8:30am-5:00pm at Port Townsend Rigging
FIRST POSTED NOVEMBER 9th, 2021- Confirmed open 12.14.21
Brief job description: Operate swaging machine according to shop standards per customer’s job requirements. Inspect and operate swaging machine using the correct tools, gauges, equipment. Perform testing to ensure quality. Keep records of work performed and results obtained as work instructions require. Other duties include equipment preventive maintenance and corresponding reports to be completed daily. Must be able to stand while working and lift 50lbs.
Duties/Key Job Elements
- Operates swaging machine, including parts identification, inventory management & documentation.
- Adjust machine to perform the task needed and monitor the work to ensure compliance
- Apply working knowledge to speeds and feeds of the machine
- Recommend / advise management regarding maintenance as needed
- Perform machine calibration and cleaning, as needed
- Load and unload machine with material
- Perform all work to quality standards set by PTR
- Gauge, text & document parts produced for compliance with internal & external requirements
- Complete daily production reports via personal time tracking.
Qualifications and Experience
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to read precision instruments and gauges
- Understand technical drawings, measuring and work instructions
- Attention to detail
- Minimum High School graduate and some college or trade school
Send email/resume to: Sarah@porttownsendrigging.com